The Fourth WotLK Leak - 5.17.2008


So, according to MMO-Champion, the WotLK Friends and Family Alpha Testing phase has officially begun. Well, it didn't take long for a few leaks to surface...

The picture to the left is, apparently, the Northrend world map. At first sight, I thought to myself, "Wow. This is overly plain." Then, I quickly searched Google images for a map of Outland only to find out that, it too, is actually very plain. After that, I searched for a map of the Eastern Kingdoms only to see that it deserves to be crowned the king of all plainness. I dunno why I expected such a detailed world map, but that's just what I thought about a first glance. And now, I've finally noticed how much I've been rambling on about something that doesn't really matter - so I'll stop.


The second leaked picture is, supposedly, the loading screen for Azjol-Nerub. Not a whole lot to say here besides the fact that it could be better. I mean seriously Blizzard, this is all you could come up with for something as big and important as Azjol-Nerub? I know that's a silly thing to say, but WoW is the top MMO and you, Blizzard, should treat it as such in every way possible if you want to stay at the top. Now, obviously Blizzard could change it before WotLK releases, but I don't see it happening.

Unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot leaked right away here and what was leaked was very random - *cough, Azjol-Nerub loading screen, cough*. However, I don't think it'll be too long before we see a bunch of new leaks.


UPDATE: Polar Bear mount FTW! I fine it kinda strange though... Most polar bears that I've seen in my life weren't black. Although, I've never seen one in real life so maybe pictures and TV lied. Some people are very skilled with Photoshop nowadays, you know. :P

UPDATE 2: The following is a transcript from the sound files from WotLK. I remember the lines from Warcraft III, so either this is a lie by the "leaker", or it's recycled lines - possibly for a Caverns of Time instance? Please God of WoW, PLEASE let this be for a CoT instance! It would be so awesome!

Arthas: Glad you could make it, Uther.
Uther: Watch your tone with me boy. You may be the prince but I'm still your superior as a Paladin.
Arthas: As if I could forget. Listen Uther, there's something about the plague you should know.
Arthas: Oh no, we're too late! These people have all been infected. They may look fine now, but it's just a matter of time before they turn into the undead!
Uther: What?!
Arthas: This entire city must be purged.
Uther: How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way!
Arthas: Dammit, Uther! As your future king, I order you to purge this city.
Uther: You are not my king yet boy, nor would I obey that command even if you were!
Arthas: Then I must consider this an act of treason.
Uther: Treason?! Have you lost your mind Arthas?
Arthas: Have I? Lord Uther, by my right of succession and the sovereignty of my crown, I hereby relieve you from your command and suspend your Paladins from service.
Jaina: Arthas... You can't just...
Arthas: It's done. Those of you who have the will to save this land follow me - the rest of you, get out of my sight.
Uther: You've just crossed a terrible threshold, Arthas.
Arthas: Jaina...
Jaina: I'm sorry Arthas, I can't let you do this.

UPDATE 3: The Frostmourne altar's model.

-Matt Graham

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you miss the blizzard statement that stratholme culling is a COT instance in wotlk

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it rather be DB_FrostmourneAltar_02 without the spelling error?

Anonymous said...

Look at other loading screens in the game. The majority aren't that impressive either. I think this one is pretty nice.

Anonymous said...

obviously he or she did.

Unknown said...

Blizzard has a history of misspelling items in the actual filename, or using antiquated names for creatures. Misspelling frostmourne isn't terribly surprising.

Anonymous said...

I like eh pina colada! eating frenchfries on frostmourne under the rain