WoW: After The Crusade - 12.20.2006

January 16th, 2007… Ah, I just can’t wait. It’ll be lagfest ‘07 in Blasted Lands - that is assuming the game will be up and running. But what happens after that? I don’t mean January 17th, I mean in the months after that; after we have seen everything that the Burning Crusade brings to the table. Well, Blizzard has come out and stated that their goal is to release one expansion a year. (You can find the post here.) By an expansion, they obviously mean new lands, new instances, new abilities, and possibly new races/classes. But what could those be? Well, we know that the Northrend expansion will come sometime, whether it is the next expansion or not, it IS coming. A trip to Northrend would mean a fight against the Lich King. Now, the following is all my opinion and none of it was confirmed - ever.

I believe that the Northrend expansion will indeed be the second expansion. My guess is that it is released sometime around the summer of 2008. The reason I say that the Northrend expansion will be coming “early” is because I believe that Blizzard will be losing players around this time next year (because of various new MMO’s - Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, etc.), and they will need to come out with something BIG. A Pandaria or Great Sea expansion will not bring retired players back, but the chance to face the Lich King on the other hand, will. At what level will we fight the Lich King? Well, my guess would be at level 85. I would also guess that we won’t see anymore races, but we will see 2 more classes. Now, I am going to take a huge guess here, but I think the name will be “World of Warcraft: Expedition to Northrend”.

P.S. - In 2008, Druids will be the Warlocks of today. :p

-Punchline

No comments: